Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Prestige


I was leaving Michelle's place pretty late one night, not looking forward to waiting for a train for who knows how long, so i borrowed another book (the two before came from the same source). i remembered liking the movie, and i usually like the books movies were made from better than the movies (remember when they used to write books for movies AFTER the movie was made? you could get them in the book order. remember those from elementary school? anyway, terrible idea), so i gave it a go. i DIDN't particularly like the ending, but overall i think they played up the whole duality thing on both sides better, and they made the title have a bit more meaning. I kind of wished i had read the book prior to seeing the movie because I already knew the two biggest secrets of both magicians. but at the same time it was fun reading it already knowing that because it made the foreshadowing and clues makes sense. if i hadn't seen the movie i would've had to read it twice to pick up on that stuff.

Anyway, it was a pretty entertaining, quick read. i recommend it if you read a lot and need something new. if you don't there are better ones out there.

1 comment:

7aura7 said...

Interesting. One of my teachers talked up that book, but I wasn't particularly fond of him, so I didn't read it. But I think I'll see if they have it at the library now. True, it would be nice to not already know the twisted surprises.