The wedding and other festivities went really well, despite the fact that they only had a couple months to plan everything.
They really lucked out with photos. It was raining all day except for the couple times they were shooting photos, then it would stop. we even got some sunshine and blue skies for a bit.

We also had a chance to do some of our own wedding prep. Friday morning we had an appointment with Elder Hales. He'll be marrying us and so wanted to meet first and give some advice. It was really good. Maybe I'll tell you about it later if you ask nicely. We also had an appointment at the place doing our invites. I had done some work on it already -- picking out fonts and layout and what not -- so we really just needed to pick paper and colors and such. It's going to look really good.
Other than that all our time was spent visiting or helping with wedding prep. I left saturday night on the red eye. I had to leave right after the happy couple to make it.
Speaking of, here they are.
I didn't take many photos of them on my camera.
Anyway, yeah. Good trip. The next wedding I'm going to will be even better though.

6 comments:
Pretty please....is that nice? I was too groggy when I saw you Monday evening to think of good questions to ask you!
Yeah, it's going to be a GREAT wedding. We're pretty excited about this Elder Hales development! Sweet!
"despite the fact that they only had a couple months to plan everything." What? I still am failing to see what takes so long. Let's break this down:
-Temple date: 1 week, tops.
-Cake: Um, a couple of hours? Whatever, not that important.
-Dress: Roughly 5 years, but most of that has been done pre-courtship, so finalization should take about 2 weeks.
-Tux: 2 seconds.
-Registering: 2 Saturdays. One for all the stuff you want, and one for the stuff people can afford.
-Reception Hall: 3 days.
-Announcements: 1 month, design to envelope, including photos.
-Bridesmaid dresses: By the looks of most of the ones I've seen, about 45 minutes. Maybe less.
-Flowers: ∞ hours of deliberation, and about 30 minutes of actual decision making.
-Food: if there's to be a dinner, prime rib, salmon and chicken. If a luncheon, some kind of chicken salad with fresh fruit. 0 minutes.
And considering that most of these decisions are made concurrently, I'm saying 6 weeks max.
Done and done.
What if someone else decides to get married before September? Will it still be better than Michelle's sister's? Just kidding, Mike. I know your wedding is going to be fantastic. It's very neat that you got to meet Elder Hales in person and please share his advice.
Is Michelle related to Elder Hales - my guess is that she is . . . and Jessica Stacey will be really jealous.
Post a Comment