Can i just say I'm more than ready for some warm weather? it got so nice and warm, now it's gloomy and rainy. I took this photo on my phone one morning on the way to work. it was the first (and only) day so far this year i went short sleeves no jacket. i wouldn't mind a few more of those.Well not a lot new. the biggest thing i guess would be that I'm now the Ward Mission Leader. I was a little surprised by the calling. Activities Co-chair seemed more appropriate. I'm excited for it though and i think it will help me be a little better, both at member missionary stuff and maybe organizational skills. I don't know all what being a Ward Mission Leader entails yet, but i figured out right away that it meant a bunch more meetings, the first of which i experienced that next Saturday. it was stake conference and there was a leadership training meeting before the Saturday evening session. The first part was good, but the second hour was about how to properly conduct deacon and teacher's meetings. So not all that applicable for me at this point. the next meeting was good, as was Sunday's stake conference. I sang in the choir, which i thought sounded pretty good. there were a couple parts though that had the basses splitting into two, and it turned out i was the only one on the baritone part, so i doubt anyone could hear that bit of harmony, but it was fun nonetheless.
Last Friday i saw The Forbidden Kingdom. So if you're wondering whether or not you should see it, here's a little help. Use the following number scale with each of the statements below.
Completely Disagree 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 That Sums Up My Feelings Flawlessly
1. I love beautifully choreographed fight sequences.
2. I don't mind a cheesy plot or dialogue.

3. I love Jackie Chan movies.
4. I love Jet Li movies.
5. Bad English doesn't get on my nerves at all.
Now add up your score.
20 + go see this film.
15 - 19 see at your own risk. maybe don't pay full price.
10 - 14 if you're dying of boredom and it's free, MAYBE consider it as an alternative (to death, i guess)
under 10 avoid seeing this at all costs.
I hope that helps. i'm not going to disclose my score.
Speaking of movies, I now have in my possession a ClearPlay DVD player. It's an especially-for-Mormons device that edits the bad parts out of dvds as you watch. It just take regular dvds. you just have to make sure you have the filter for it, which is easily obtained through their website. I'm a big fan of technology and a big fan of watching whatever movies i want without worrying about graphic or explicit content, so this is perfect. I haven't really had a chance to try it out yet, but I've downloaded the filters and customized my settings. One of these days I'll watch a movie on it. here's the link if you're interested in getting one for free: https://www.clearplay.com/bestoffer/
No comments:
Post a Comment