Friday, May 16, 2008

the Office season finale

WARNING: SPOILER ALERT
if you haven't seen this episode yet, watch it, then come back and read.


The Best Moments

HR lady thinking Kevin is mentally challenged: Kevin’s never been the brightest, but all the little things he says and the way he says them in the context of someone thinking he’s handicapped is hilarious. “I do the numbers. You want an M&M?” Then his misinterpretation of her friendly encouragement as flirting, and his subsequent reciprocation doing absolutely nothing to disprove her preconceived notion, is absolute genius.

Jim’s two voice messages to Ryan: I was a little nervous for (but proud of) him after the first, but it turns out he had something in the works. The second message’s punch line “looks like you’ve got your hands tied right now” (or something like that) was clever. The whole thing was almost like one of Jim’s pranks, except big time. Do you think he’ll get Ryan’s job and move to New York? That would work out really well for Pam’s school. But who knows. TV isn’t big on happily-ever-afters, so there’ll probably be some drama next season.

Creed, after being asked what he does there: “I knew I should’ve written it down somewhere. quaaa…. Something”.

Jim’s phone prank: this caused #2 Dwight cell phone destruction (or have there been more?), though it doesn’t beat fbi-rooftop-helicopter-pickup prank.

Am I missing something? Probably. Feel free to comment and add to the list.


Disappointments

Michael, stay away from Jan! Just stay away!

Jim, I know why you didn’t, but you should’ve. You could’ve found a way to make it work despite Andy’s thunder theft.

I have to wait all summer for the next one.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

And they are really messing with us with the disappointments aren't they. Consider that the new HR lady really gets Michael and apparently enjoys him. Who would think? They have to be together.
Also we see that Angela still has the thing for Dwight, and that she is using Andy to punish Dwight until she thinks he has suffered enough. But agreeing to marry Andy? Too much. (Did you catch the very ending, after some ads when Phyllis walks in on Dwight and Angela?)
And, too much for Pam as well. We haven't forgotten that stupid Roy who never deserved her strung her on forever....we know Jim isn't dragging his feet, but Pam can't be abused anymore.

nerak said...

I think Creed is the most underrated character on that show. Some of my fav Office moments are from him... "I've never owned a refrigerator", or "I love to steal things. I steal things all the time." Definitely adding this episode's Creed hilarity to my all-time favs list.