Don't know whether or not this movie is for you? take the quiz:decide how much you agree with the following statements and assign a number value
No way_______________Totally
0___1____2____3____4____5
0___1____2____3____4____5
A. I love comic book movies!
B. I don't mind being able to figure out what's going to happen in a movie. actually it makes me feel smart.
C. the idea of a giant, extremely volatile, virtually indestructible green creature indiscriminately smashing things fascinates me.
D. things like scientific feasibility, technical consistency, and a meaningful story are nice but not necessary in an action flick.
Now take scores for A and C and multiply by two, then add all four together. so that's (Ax2)+B+(Cx2)+D=_______
if your score was--
26-30: why haven't you seen it yet?
20-25: see it.
15-19: see if it's cheap or free (ladies)... (although guys, seriously, why would you be taking a girl to this unless she scored 20+ on this?)
10-15 i can't advise you see this, but who knows. you may be pleasantly surprised.
0- 10 why do you gotta be like that?
I, for one, enjoyed this movie thoroughly. Statement 3 came straight from how i feel about the hulk. I did a little introspection to figure out what's so intriguing about this to me, and i decided that on some level i really like destruction. when i was a kid i loved building things; wood blocks, legos, link'n logs, whatever. Half of it was the joy of creating something, but the other half was the pleasure of demolishing it after. even now i look at things sometimes and think, "man, that would be so fun to smash." a little scary huh? but don't worry, i can control my destructive urges. plus, even if i lose control one day, i'll likely stay my normal, unimpressive size, so the damage would be minimal. but it's no wonder i'm a fan of the Hulk.
Things I loved (**spoiler alert**):
"you won't like me when i'm hungry."
Hulk pummeling the other big guy into the pavement (above)
Hulk tearing vehicles apart with his bare hands
Hulk smashing things
the CG. amazingly realistic
the lead-in to the Avengers at the end
Things I didn't love so much:
most fights were just against the military. i'm ready for some bad guys.
not as well executed as Iron Man. maybe the music?
some parts were a little predictable.
i like Edward Norton, but i LOVe the Hulk. so i could've used more of the latter.
all said, i thought it was great.
2 comments:
Your movie reviews are great - I haven't seen this yet but based on my score (24), I will need to see it soon!
I love your quizzes. For some reason they always lead me to think, "I might rent that when it is released on DVD." Yes, Mike, I am too boring to enjoy spending money on a meaningless action flick. It's just sad.
Post a Comment