Thursday, July 24, 2008

the Knight is Darkest...


If you find yourself as one of the few who has not seen this movie and are unsure whether or not to remedy that, here's a few questions to ask yourself:

Am i easily disturbed by violent imagery or topics?
Do i enjoy movies that are intense to the point of actual physical stress?

If you answered "yes", "no", then this film maybe isn't your cup of tea. It wasn't THAT disturbing or stressful, but just be warned.

What did I think of the movie? *** SPOILER ALERT ***

I loved it. it did cause me some stress though. when there was the occational, brief respite from intensity, i would notice my muscles relax, without ever having realized they had been tensed. I knew Batman would win in the end, but i just didn't know how high the body count would reach before that point. Especially after learning they were willing to kill the love interest off, it seemed like anyone was fair game.

Things I loved:

Heath Ledger's dark, disturbing, yet humorous (which made it all the more disturbing) performance.

The costumes, make up (the joker), etc. Oh, and the CG on two face.

The big prisoner tossing the detonator overboard (although i didn't catch why both ships didn't blow up at midnight, as per joker's plan).

Pretty much non-stop action from the get-go.

Batman (darker, more realistic though he may be, he still showed up with plenty of theatrical butt-kickings and cool gadgets). He seems more anti-hero in this one, with more rage and aggression to take out on villains.

probably tons more. i should see it again.

Oh, one more thing i want to mention. I always hate it when the hero is viewed as a menace that needs to be brought to justice. but that probably should be the case with batman if he's to maintain his edge. so the ending was brilliant, because the next one will start out with both good and bad sides fearing the bat man even more.

3 comments:

7aura7 said...

Seemed to me that the boats didn't blow up at midnight because the Joker was so intent on his anarchy idea that he didn't believe they could resist. He did have his own remote as a last resort backup, but Batman of course knocked that out of his hands.

Randy Roberts said...

my favorite part is when he beats up his mom and his sister! Ya. moms and sisters have been cruisin for bruisins for awhile now. Good work Christian!!!

thinkHP said...

I can't handle it.
darkness


scary mcgee.
too bad i loved the movie.
Wish I could bear to see it again